Running the Goat currently publishes between three and five commercially-printed children's books annually; we are presently finalizing our 2021 list.
The press welcomes submissions of the highest quality children's literature that connect to its focus on Newfoundland and Labrador-based or Atlantic Canadian writing. We warmly encourage manuscripts that reflect the diverse experience, stories, and history of the region.
- Please mail submissions to Running the Goat, Books & Broadsides, General Delivery, Tors Cove, NL A0A 4A0 Email submissions will not be accepted.
- Submissions must include a cover letter, outlining the writer's experience and background. Please do not send your only copy of your work or any original artwork.
- As a courtesy, please clearly indicate if the manuscript is being submitted to other presses at the same time.
- Please allow several months for response. Only submissions with a self-addressed and stamped envelope with sufficient postage will be returned.
- Writers submitting manuscripts for picture books and illustrated books need to be aware that, should their manucript be accepted, the press will select an illustrator. Picture book manuscripts should be sent without illustrations.
Running the Goat does not accept submissions for its list of letterpress-printed books.