Looking for work that’s fuelled by your love of children’s books?
Are you ready to harness your skills to support a publisher of award-winning books?
Running the Goat, Books & Broadsides is looking for a Sales and Business Development Representative
Running the Goat is a small press known for producing high quality, playful, and engaging children’s books. We are located in Tors Cove, NL, where we also operate a small letterpress print shop and bookstore.
We’re looking for a creative and committed person to assist with local, regional, national, and international sales for our books. If hired, you will identify and contact potential clients, support existing customer relationships, help communicate with our national and international sales reps and distributors, and fulfill some book orders. You’ll work closely with the publisher, and also with our part-time social media coordinator.
Our ideal candidate:
- Well-organized and efficient
- Passionate about children’s books
- Original in thinking and approach
- Has access to a vehicle (negotiable)
Has these skills and experience:
- Proven sales and marketing experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English)
- Ability to use Microsoft Office effectively
- Genuine interest in the publishing industry
- Some familiarity with the Newfoundland and Labrador book and retail markets
- Some familiarity with the Canadian book market
And is happy with this schedule:
- Two to three days a week to begin with
- Potential to expand to fulltime work engaged with other aspects of the publishing process
- In season, providing direct sales support at fairs and markets in the St. John’s/Mount Pearl/Torbay areas—requiring some weekend and/or evening work
- Some work can be done remotely—successful candidate may, but does not have to, work in Tors Cove
- Semi-flexible hours
- Begins in April 2022
- Starting salary between $18 to $22 per hour, depending on experience
Interested? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by March 9, 2022, and include:
- A letter outlining why you are a good fit for this position
- Your current resumé
- Names and contact information for three references
Running the Goat is committed to creating a fair and equitable work environment that welcomes diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.