We are not accepting submissions at this time. Any manuscripts received now will not be held until submissions reopen.
Please check back in early January 2022 for details about when submissions will be welcomed again.
Running the Goat publishes between four and six commercially printed children's books annually. Our publication lists for 2022 and 2023 have now been finalized.
The press welcomes submissions of the highest quality children's literature from across the country. Its main focus is on Newfoundland and Labrador-based or Atlantic Canadian writing, but exceptional work from all parts of Canada will be considered.
We are especially interested in manuscripts that reflect Canada's diverse stories and history.
- Please mail submissions to Running the Goat, Books & Broadsides, General Delivery, Tors Cove, NL A0A 4A0 Email submissions will not be accepted or answered.
- Submissions must include a cover letter, outlining the writer's experience and background. Please do not send your only copy of your work or any original artwork.
- As a courtesy, please clearly indicate if the manuscript is being submitted to other presses at the same time.
- Please allow several months for response. All submissions will receive a response, but only submissions with a self-addressed and stamped envelope with sufficient postage will be returned.
- Writers submitting manuscripts for picture books and illustrated books need to be aware that, should their manucript be accepted, the press will select an illustrator. Picture book manuscripts should be sent without illustrations.
Running the Goat does not accept submissions for its list of letterpress-printed books.